********************Here it is - my 300th post and what better way to spend it then to comb through my Stat Counter records and see what it is that has lured people to my blog through the likes of Google, Yahoo, Alta Vista, AOL, etc.
In the month of May I had 2,575 unique visitors of which 776 came via a search engine. Of those 776, 693 came via a Google search with Yahoo! coming in at a distant second with 53 visitors. There were other search engines used but they only registered one or two visits each so I won't mention them by name.
It came as no surprise to me to see that over 40% of my visitors came looking for the ever-popular WFSB Traffic Reporter, Rachel Lutzker. Most searches for Rachel came via simply a name search but there was one misguided soul who was looking for "naked pictures of Rachel Lutzker". No doubt it was a disappointment not to find any such pictures on my blog and I rather doubt he or she were able to find any elsewhere on the Internet. Rachel seems to be way too nice of a girl to stoop to such behavior.
Speaking of being a nice lady, I emailed Rachel awhile back and she emailed me back stating, "I hope you all had a great week for National EMS Week!" For anyone from work who reads my blog (hey, Bulldog, I'm talkin' to you!) I'm sure you appreciate her sentiments.
Now then, let's put Rachel Lutzker aside and look at the rest of ...
The Best of My Stat Counter Searches, Part Two!It should be interesting to see what the next month brings for searches and visitors to my little part of the blogosphere as I continue to creep towards 30,000 visitors (I'm close to 27,000 now so I'm hoping that by my Blogaversary on July 25th I'll have gotten to 30,000).
- Antietam or Gettysburg best choice to visit (my personal preference is Gettysburg but that's just me - they are both great battlefields and should be visited by everyone!)
- If it is working don't change it (exactly!)
- People joining the NYPD (this one has got to go all the way back to my 9/11 posts)
- Once there was a war (actually, there have been way too many wars but that is another story)
- What is Floridian Slim Whitman? (I'm sure they meant "who" and to answer the question, he was one of my parents' favorite country & western singers)
- Finger flicker toward the door Simon Cowell (uh ... what?)
- On the first day God created the (there are so many things I could say here to finish this sentence but I won't!)
- Memorial Day weekend CT things to do (I would be willing to bet that CT had some great things to do but I didn't do any of them as I worked the entire weekend)
- What's a Mexican fortune cookie? (good question - what IS a Mexican fortune cookie?)
- Gerard Way's mom lives in Massachusetts (I'll have to remember to stop by and say "hi" next time I'm up that way!)
- Should I let my seventeen year old go to the Warped Tour (and I would have the answer to this how?)
- Tobey eyeliner is hot (yes, yes it was - sorry, Bulldog!)
- Eye candy videos (speaking of which ...)
- Chicken fried steak (I love chicken fried steak though I don't remember ever mentioning that in my blog though I must have)
- Meme favorite anime character (I shall have to ask Queen Mimi if this is an approved meme!)
- Sympathy pregnancy symptoms edema (how well I remember this when my dispatch partner was pregnant last summer - ugh!)
- Will painted toenails help (help what may I ask?)
- Has anyone ever won a duplicate prize? (I'm sure that someone, somewhere has though not on my blog!)
- Funny sayings about police dispatching (the stories I could tell on this one!)
- M&Ms for telecommunicators (what a great idea!)
- Linda likes men (yes, actually I do but, sadly, they don't seem to like me)
- Employee happiness in 911 centers (see above "M&Ms for telecommunicators" to make that happen!)
- If I had enough money (this is something I say to myself constantly)
- Scared about first hematologist appointment (I can understand this a little bit)
- Having life single working mom (life? what is this life you speak of?)
- Stolen parts, oatmeal thighs (sometimes you really have to wonder just what it is people are searching for!)
- Audition test for Who Wants to Be A Millionaire (this reminds me, I have to tell that story one of these days)
- Which direction should a lucky elephant face (with its trunk up, towards the window if I remember correctly)
- And last but certainly not least, I have had lots and lots and lots of searches for My Chemical Romance in various forms - some pretty normal and some pretty out there!
In the meantime, I hope you continue to enjoy yourselves here and I thank each and every one of you for visiting as well as an extra thanks to those who also comment! I have no "torture devices" for lurkers like my blog-friend Claire used to have so you needn't worry about being punished for not commenting but it's always nice to hear what you have to say!