********************I was double-tagged for the "Ten Things You Don't Know About Me" meme - first by my favorite Erstwhile Librarian, Joan, and then by Her Royal Highness, The Empress Bee of the High Seas. Even if I had been able to decline politely to Joan, one does not ever decline the invitation to participate in a meme when that invitation is issued by The Empress Bee - I am sure she would not be amused!
To that end, I have wracked my brain for the past several days trying to think of ten little known, yet still possibly interesting, things about myself. This is tougher than it first appears to be, especially if you tend to write a lot about yourself like I do! It's made even tougher when you're losing a little more of your mind each day to hormonal fluctuations but I will do my best to educate and entertain.
Ten Things You Might Not Know About Me!
- I cannot, cannot, cannot sleep in a quiet room! I need some sort of white noise in the background or I just don't stay asleep. A friend of mine in North Carolina sent me one of those noisemaking gadgets for my birthday a few years ago and every night I fall asleep to the sounds of a thunderstorm. It was one of the best gifts I ever got!
- My middle name is Jean. No offense to my parents but - ugh! I always thought maybe I should move down South where if one said "Linda Jean" it would roll off one's tongue with a nice drawl to it!
- I cannot sing for beans but I used to sing in a church choir and even got talked into doing a duet one year for a Christmas Cantata. Be glad you weren't there!
- I once drove across country from California to Connecticut in a rented U-Haul type vehicle with just my son, who was six years old at the time. By the time I got to a place called Nile, Ohio I had almost had enough and was thinking it might be a nice place to settle but managed to push through the rest of the way!
- I have never once painted my toenails or had them painted either.
- My first marriage took place in a dentist's office in New Jersey when we were both in the Air Force. The dentist was the Justice of the Peace in town and performed the ceremony in between patients!
- I have a fear of heights and will even get sweaty palms watching circus performers on TV when they are doing the high wire or trapeze acts.
- I have never had a speeding ticket - ever - even though I do tend to drive too fast (watch - now that I've said that I'll get pulled over next week!)
- Before I started having back problems I was a pretty good bowler and even threw a 260 game once a long time ago when I lived in California.
- I was the Co-Editor in Chief of my college newspaper when I attended San Joaquin Delta College in Stockton, California.
Now, the proper rule of etiquette when doing a meme is that you have to tag someone else so I hereby tag the Queen of Memes, Mimi*, and another blogger whom I have come to admire and respect, Gale of Gem-osophy. Hope you ladies don't mind!
*Mimi, I know you just did the "100 Things About You" meme but I'd sure appreciate it if you could dig up ten more somewhere!
A big thank you to Amanda for the artwork I used in this post!