Scroll down for Wordless Wednesday!
********************Last week I heartily congratulated myself on managing to sidestep the "Eight Random Things" meme not just once but twice - first by writing eight things about the girls and then by writing eight things about Norwich, the town I live in. There was a lot of patting myself on the back along with a couple of high-fives but I stopped short of buying myself a bottle of champagne and sending flowers.
Good thing, too, as I just got tagged for a third time by McEwen from Whitterer on Autism - d'oh! Well, as they like to say "third time is charm" so I guess that means I need to finally write eight random things about myself as I have run out of excuses and/or ideas on more creative ways to do this meme.
So without further ado and dragging of the feet here are eight random things about me that you might - or might not - have known about me:
- Despite the fact that my Dad was career Air Force and we moved around a lot I was actually born in Connecticut and not in some exotic locale. As a matter of fact, only one out of my parents' four children was born outside of Connecticut - and that was in Maryland!
- I shipped off to boot camp for the United States Air Force only three days after I graduated from high school. I had done a delayed enlistment in January of my Senior year and gave myself only enough time to say good-bye and not get cold feet! I was 17 years old.
- Two of my three children were born in Southern California - Mike was born in Riverside shortly after I got out of the Air Force, Amanda was born in Long Beach where her Dad was stationed in the Navy, and Jamie was born right here in Norwich.
- I love vanilla - vanilla ice cream, vanilla musk, vanilla-scented candles, vanilla wafers ... if it's vanilla then I'm going to like it! Chocolate I can take or leave (sorry, Bee!)
- Despite two failed marriages, I still insist on believing in the fairy tale ending though obviously Prince Charming has had some trouble locating my castle!
- I have lived in ten States - Connecticut, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Maryland, Florida, Mississippi, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, and California (though it should count as two States as I've lived in both Southern and Central California which are further apart than Connecticut, New Jersey, and Maryland combined!)
- I can't sleep with my closet door open - or any closet door open for that matter. When I was in first-grade we lived in a house in Tucson, Arizona that I swear to God was haunted and the things that used to come out of my closet at night are still etched in my memory. It soured me on open closet doors for the rest of my life!
- I never went to my Junior or Senior Prom as that was back in the day when girls didn't go with other girls and you didn't go solo either. Somehow I still feel cheated about the whole thing over 30 years later!