********************Sanni of Coffee 2 Go tagged me for the "Ten Lies My Mother Told Me" meme awhile back and I've been hemming and hawing on this one a little bit because, to be perfectly honest, I was hoping to avoid this meme for the simple reason that my mother never lied about anything that I can ever recall. She was raised to tell the truth and she told the truth.
Sure my Mom told us the standard Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy stuff but I don't consider that to be a lie because, as far as I'm concerned, those things are just as real as we would like them to be and if anything they're more like myths than lies. Very pleasant myths and a nice part of childhood.
So what to do with this unwanted meme and avoid being thrown in the dungeon at Bloggingham Palace? Hmmm ... my first thought was to post Ten Lies I Tell My Children but then that seemed too much like letting the cat out of the bag as there are some things they still haven't figured out! Then it dawned on me that I could post Ten Lies I Tell Myself as I'm not fooling myself anyway! Brilliant!
Ten Lies I Tell Myself as Told By Myself
- I should easily make it through until next payday with even a little money to spare.
- I really don't mind getting up in the mornings, once I'm out of bed it's okay.
- This outfit makes me look ten pounds thinner.
- I don't drive any faster than anyone else does.
- I'll clean the house tomorrow.
- I'll cook dinner right after I check one more post on Google Reader.
- Moving one bookcase is not going to mess up my back and put me in severe pain for several days as well as out of work.
- Grocery shopping is one of my very favorite activities.
- I can handle one small piece of bread without it totally screwing up my diet.
- These clothes are all going to come back into style if I just wait long enough.