I wondered the same thing myself wishing I knew what I wanted and wanting what I wished for and then an idea popped into my head that it would be interesting to know what other people were wishing for, or perhaps even wanting for, themselves. To that end, I thought it would be nice to create a new meme similar to the one that our beloved Mimi, Queen of Memes used with her very successful and popular Message in a Bottle Meme. Of course, I didn't wish to step on any royal toes so first asked permission of Her Royal Highness to use the same sort of format that she had used. Gracious, as always, Mimi said that it was certainly fine by her and she that would absolutely participate in such an endeavor once I got around to undertaking it.
After a little cajoling, I was able to get my resident artist and Photoshop® expert to come up with a graphic for me to use that I liked. I explained to Amanda that what I had in mind was a wishing star as that is what comes readily to mind whenever I think of making a wish. Granted you could throw a penny in a wishing well, make a wish while blowing out birthday candles, or even just randomly wish for something without any sort of ritual involved but how many of us have looked up into the night sky, seen a star shoot across the heavens, and not made a wish? Uh-huh, that's what I'm talking about!
So, now that you have the background information and understand why I'm embarking on this adventure, let's get on with the rules of the new Make A Wish Meme - as I like to call it! If it catches on even a quarter of the way as well as Queen Mimi's Message in a Bottle Meme did, I will be thrilled to pieces. Honest!
1. Think about what it is that you want more than anything, what your heart's desire and fondest wish is, and what it is that you would wish for if you were to see the above wishing star flame across the night sky.
2. Right click and SAVE the blank graphic below.
3. Use a graphics program of your choice and place your wish on this picture:
4. Post the Make A Wish Meme and your wishing star on your blog along with these rules.If you don't currently have a graphics program and aren't sure how to put your message on the picture you can either download one for free (I use IrfanView which is an image viewer but also allows you to customize and optimize your pictures) or email me at email@example.com, tell me what you're wishing for, and I'll customize the picture for you and email it back to you so that you can then post it.
5. Tag as many people as you like so that there can be wishing stars all across the Blogosphere and ask them to please link back to me so that I can see what wishes others have made and share those wishes with others.
To kick this meme off, I am going to tag the following people to participate and get the ball rolling. I don't have a dungeon to threaten you with should you choose not to participate in this meme, like certain other Queens have been known to do, so let's just suffice it to say that I wish you would! There - how's that for guilt?? But of course, as always, participation is optional.
A Little Piece of Me, Airhead 55, Alien In a Foreign Field, "...And Miles to Go Before We Sleep", Asara's Mental Meanderings, Bankerchick's Scratchings,Brain Foggles, Captain Picard's Journal, Captured By Gravity, Cheese In My Shoe, Coffee 2 Go, Comedy Plus, Communiqué by Ivanhoe, CrAzY Working Mom, Dayngrous Discourse, Dixie's Heart and Soul, Dottie's Place, Down River Drivel. Duward Discussion. Echoes of Grace,Empress Bee of the High Sea, Everything and Nothing, Evil Se7en, Gem-osophy, It's A Blog Eat Blog World, Just Me ..., Last Minute Lyn's Life, Late Boomer Bloomer, Lowdown from Lois, Mimi Writes ...., Ms Maggie Moo Talks 2 U, My Dogs Keep Me Sane, My Wonderful Life, New England Lighthouse Treasures,Sarge Charlie, Scrappin' With Life ... , Tar Heel Ramblings, The Buzz Queen, The Curmudgeon, The Erstwhile Librarian, The Freelance Guru, Trav's Thoughts, Wading Through My Stream of Consciousness, Whitterer on Autism, WTIT Tape Radio Blog
Alright, folks, what do you wish for?