The Kreativ Blogger award first came to Connie via Tina from Mummified Times Five who apparently has a great sense of humor and five kids. Yep, I think that a mom would most definitely need a great sense of humor with five kids in the house! I'm pretty sure a dad would, too!
This award, lovely though it may be, comes with a bit of a catch ... before presenting it to six other people I have to tell you about six things that make me happy. Considering I've been in a rather, how shall we say, pissy mood the past couple of days it's been kind of hard to think of six things that make me happy but maybe when one is in a bad mood it's actually a very good time to put the thinking cap on and concentrate on happy things rather than annoying things. After all, I can't do anything about the rain ...
So without further ado (or more hemming and hawing) here are six things that make me happy:
- Being able to sleep in rather than getting up before the sun. I am not a morning person - never have been and never will be - and I think there's nothing better than waking up in the morning at my own pace and not having to rush out the door to get to work.
- Speaking of work - having a day off makes me very happy! I don't seem to get a lot of them but when I do I love it even if I do nothing else but hang around the house.
- Getting together with my friend Rhonda once a month for either breakfast or lunch as it gives us the chance to stay in touch and catch up on each other's lives rather than be too busy to ever see each other even though we only live a couple of towns apart.
- A good roast beef. I know that probably sounds shallow but there's more to it than just the taste! My grandfather cooked a delicious roast beef at every Sunday dinner that I can ever remember having at his house (and there were many of them) and a good roast beef always brings back happy memories of Sundays at Gramp's house.
- Having a little money left over in my checking account on the Wednesday before my every-other-Thursday payday. Most times I'm treading water and don't have two nickels to rub together at the end of the two weeks but every once in awhile I won't be totally broke!
- A good book. There is nothing quite like finding a good book with a good story that sucks you in and takes you outside of your own world as long as you've got pages to turn. I've recently rediscovered the joys of my local library and have been spending more time reading.
The other part of the rules is that I'm to pass this on to six other bloggers and make them happy so let's see ... whom shall I choose?
- Lois of Lowdown From Lois
- Patti of Late Bloomer Boomer
- Sarah of My Wonderful Life
- Pinky of Cheese in My Shoe
- Ralph of Airhead 55
- Tisha of CrAzY Working Mom
Everyone have a happy Friday and thank you, Connie, for the lovely award! It was very sweet of you to think of me!