It's been a long time since I've had a contest here at the ole' blog (August 17th, 2007 to be exact!) so in honor of finally uploading some of my photography to Red Bubble in the hopes that maybe somebody somewhere will take pity on me and want to buy some of it (I think I qualify as a starving artist, I just need to buy a beret!), I thought it would be fun to have a contest to get the word out about my very own webstore, Mouseski's Photographic Musings, and it's potential to raise me up from lowly 911 dispatcher to world-renowned photographer! Well, that might be a bit of a stretch but it's nice to dream, isn't it?
After giving it some careful consideration and tossing around various ways to run this contest I finally decided to borrow a few ideas from Ms. Maggie Moo's Life is Short: Eat Dessert First contest as well as add on a couple of my own as obviously I'd like you folks to go over and take a look at my Red Bubble pictures.
I'm not going to be able to offer up a prize anywhere near as sweet and delicious as that which Mags offered but the grand prize winner of this contest will receive a 20" x 16" matted print of whichever photo you like best valued at over $25.00. The runner up will get three greeting cards with their choice of photos valued at over $12.00. I've got over forty photos currently uploaded in my account but if there's something else you've seen on my blog that you'd prefer to have that isn't currently uploaded at Red Bubble let me know and I'll add it for you. Now how's that for a deal?
Okay ... let's establish some rules ...
1. Go over to my account at Red Bubble and take a look around as well as take a peak at my BubbleSite, Mouseski's Photographic Musings, then come back here and leave a comment telling me what you think and which picture you'd want if you win. That's going to give you one entry into the contest.Alrighty then now that we've got all that settled - as Ben Bailey would say on Cash Cab - "Are you in??"
2. If you leave a comment on any of the pictures at Red Bubble itself (this would require you to sign up for a free account which is very quick and very easy), that's going to earn you an extra two entries into the contest and one entry for each comment you leave on a picture there. With over 40 pictures uploaded, this gives you the chance to get mega-entries if you're so inclined!
3. If you write a post about this contest with a link to Mouseski's Photographic Musings and refer others over to this contest (who are not on my blogroll), I'll toss in another five entries for you and one entry for them if they leave a comment but the person coming over needs to make sure to tell me that you sent them in their comment. For each person who comes over from your post, you get one extra entry into the drawing.
4. Per my friend Cyndi's request, if you link to this post on your Facebook account and anyone comes over via that avenue and leaves a comment saying so, you will get one entry per person as long as they state in that comment that you sent them.
5. The contest will end on Monday, January 19th at midnight Pacific Standard Time with the drawing for the winner to be held on the following day and announced that evening. At that time, the winners will need to contact me with their full name and mailing address so make sure you're okay with that before you enter otherwise I'll have to go to alternate winners.