The lovely Carrie of Asara’s Mental Meanderings passed along the Honest Scrap Award the other day to myself and six others after she herself received the award from Naissa of Naissa’s Rage - which I believe is a WoW blog. Where this award originally came from I don't know but I'm sure that there's some sort of meaning behind it - of which I remain totally clueless about!
Now, of course this award has to have rules otherwise it throws out the entire balance of the Blogosphere or something like that so here they are …
- When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real.
- Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven friends. Show the seven random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with the Honest Scrap Award. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
- List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!
Now as for listing ten honest things about myself ... that part might be a bit harder but I will give it my best shot. Seems to me that after all the things I’ve already told you folks about myself that finding ten new things might be kind of hard but if I can’t think of ten real things, I’ll fake it! Well, I guess I can’t do that or it wouldn’t be ten honest things, would it? Darn … okay … hold on while I dig deep into the “About Me” files …
- After working 16-hour shifts, when I get home I tend to be a bit crabby and get on Amanda’s case about all of the little things that I find to be annoying such as dishes in the sink, cupboard doors not shut, lights left on, etc. I’m sure she doesn’t appreciate me being such a nag when I first get home but I can’t seem to help myself. Sorry Amanda!
- My friend Cyndi says that I am the most incredibly boring person ever when it comes to shoes because I seem to be stuck in a white athletic shoes/black oxford-type shoes mold. She seems to think I should get myself a nice pair of blue or red shoes but I just can’t seem to bring myself to wear colored shoes. There will definitely be no stepping on my blue suede shoes as I will never own a pair!
- I have pierced ears but only wear earrings maybe a dozen or so times a year mainly because I wear a uniform to work and can only wear certain types of earrings with it. The rest of the time, I just tend to forget!
- I am afraid of heights. I may have mentioned that before but it bears repeating. I am afraid of heights. However, in spite of that, I would love to go up in a hot air balloon just once.
- When I was a kid I absolutely loved horses and really wanted one but that’s something you can’t have when you live in base housing and move every two years. I made up for it by having a nice collection of china horses and reading every horse story I could get my hands on!
- I have a scar on my left knee from when I was about two years old, a scar on my right wrist from a ganglion cyst removal when I was a teenager, scars on the palms of both hands from carpal tunnel surgery, and abdominal scars from my two c-sections. Now if I ever turn up dead somewhere without identification, the police can refer back to this blog for identifying scars.
- When I was a freshman in high school I somehow got hooked on the old “Speed Racer” cartoons. Talk about early Japanese animation! I didn’t see the live-action movie that came out awhile back as I figured it wouldn’t hold a candle to my animated Speed!
- My very first commercial airline flight was from Hartford , Connecticut to San Antonio , Texas in June of 1976. I was so nervous about going to Air Force Basic Training that it never occurred to me to be nervous about the flight!
- As far as fast-food french fries go, I think Wendy’s are the best out of all of them but that’s only because there’s no Jack-in-the-Box here in the great Northeast and I can’t get my hands on their seasoned curly fries - preferably with an Ultimate Cheeseburger on the side!
- Every great once in awhile I get a little nervous about spending the rest of my life alone but then I remember that I really do believe that it’s better to be alone than with the wrong person and I get over it – until the next time I get a little bit nervous!