5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
- A small splash of vanilla extract
- Add dry ingredients to one large microwave-safe coffee mug and mix well.
- Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
- Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract and mix again.
- Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
- The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed, it's not going anywhere
- Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired. Then EAT! (This can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).
I left the tasting of the cake to the resident teenager and snack expert who proclaimed it to be quite delicious though it definitely had the consistency of a microwave cake. I think next time I make this I'll try to make sure I have some vanilla ice cream or whipped cream in the house as I think that would do it up real nice - not to mention make it even more of a danger than chocolate cake in 5 minutes already is!
Oh - and lest I forget - happy last day of February! Kiss the month goodbye and point me towards tomorrow!