Saturday, March 31, 2012

The View From The Ivory Tower

The dispatch center that I work in is situated in a room that the road crews refer to as "The Ivory Tower" due to the fact that a) the building is white and b) the room is semi-circular in design.  Makes sense, right?  Even though we don't have windows that open, we do have a very big floor-to-ceiling window that looks out over the City of Norwich and sometimes affords us some pretty nice views.

I was clearing out files on myiPhone and it turns out that I had quite a few pictures that I'd taken from the window at work so not having too many other ideas for a blog post today I thought I'd go ahead and post the pictures that I had.  Why not, right?

6-9-2011 @ 5:45 PM - there was a bit of a storm moving in when I took this one
10-18-2011 @ 6:55 AM - looking towards the Laurel Hill section of the city over the harbor
11-15-2011 @ 6:38 AM - another sunrise over Laurel Hill
11-28-2011 @ 4:36 PM - evening starts to fall over downtown Norwich
11-28-11 @ 4:30 PM - meanwhile on the other side of the building, the sky was golden as seen from my boss' window
12-27-2011 @ 6:52 AM - early morning in downtown

1-22-12 @ 7:50 AM - one of our few snow storms of the season; those snow-covered cars are at the Police Department
2-24-12 @ 7:43 AM - another rare storm and of course I'm working again!
3-29-12 @ 5:57 PM - the marina on a quiet March evening
Even if you don't have the view that we do from dispatch, wherever you may be today may your view be a spectacular one!

10 comments:

1. Those are some pretty awesome views! A few of them would make me wish I weren't inside the Ivory Tower!

Did you Vote yet? I did!

ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, nice, nice! Love the changing views, each pretty in its own way. Even overcast, my view is still varied and interesting, although not very photogenic right now.

Have a great Saturday. Big hugs, honey...

ReplyDelete
  3. spectacular! imagine that, what a view from your work window!

hugs, bee
    xoxoxoxoxo

ReplyDelete
  4. What great views you have from work!

ReplyDelete
  5. Quite a few great windows catches, Linda! Not a bad view from yout work place at all. I doubt that you have a time to enjoy it though. Busy, busy bee :)

ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing like a dispatch center with a view. I remember the S/O one, there wasn't any windows at all.

Have a terrific day. :)

ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had a view like this at work, we barely have windows...and they just over look the parking lot.

ReplyDelete
  8. oh my!
    and from a phone no less
    just goes to show it's the photographer not the equipment that makes a good shot
    what a view you've got!
    beautiful

ReplyDelete
  9. You certainly do have a great view. My company traded a spectacular view for more space. We're still along the bay, but our view is blocked by an elevated roadway and the ever-busy Port of Seattle.

ReplyDelete
  10. Soooo jealous of your view, especially since my office is a windowless cave! Thanks for letting me stroll in there and share it once in a while!

ReplyDelete