Now perhaps it was quick for Maddy to come up with six quirky facts about herself being that she's a former butter-limbed Brit who routinely fell out of trees that now lives on the West Coast where quirkiness abounds but I'm just a boring native -born American who lives in Connecticut where quirkiness is frowned up! Still, a tag is a tag is a tag and even though I am a Duchess, who am I to say "nay" when there is a Queen of Memes out there monitoring these sorts of things?
Therefore the Quick Rules for the Quick Quirky Meme are as follows:
- Link to the person who tagged me.
- Mention the rules.
- Tell six quirky yet boring, unspectacular details about myself.
- Tag six other bloggers by linking to them.
- Go to each person’s blog and leave a comment that lets them know they’ve been tagged.
1. I cannot sleep in a room with an open closet door. This stems back to a house that we lived in when I was about six years old in Tucson, Arizona. I swear that house was big-time haunted and the things that came out of my closet would have been great fodder for a Stephen King novel! To this day, closet doors stay tightly closed!
2. When I was a freshman in high school I was obsessed with the original Speed Racer cartoons and would drop everything to watch them. I refused to see the new movie version as I knew it wouldn't hold up to the original cartoon series!
3. One of my very favorite movies of all time is Mel Brooks' Blazing Saddles and I can quote way too many lines from the film - especially at work as nothing brings out movie quotes more than a stressful day in dispatch!
4. I have trouble eating Cheerios as I once told a lie about blowing bubbles in my room when I was about six, got my mouth washed out with Ivory soap, and ate Cheerios afterwards. To this day, Cheerios taste like Ivory Soap!
5. I have an absolutely horrible time finding shoes that I like so spend most of my time in sneakers, preferably white New Balance ones! My mother, on the other hand, has so many shoes that I call her the Imelda Marcos of Canterbury!
Alright then, now that I've dug up six what I hope are quirky facts about myself it's time to tag a few other unsuspecting bloggers. Hmmm, who would I really want to know six quirky facts about??
- Let's start with the Queen of Memes herself - Mimi - as I'm sure that quirkiness abounds at Bloggingham Castle!
- Next I'll tag my favorite Michigan retailer Morgen as he owns his own shop and there has got to be some quirkiness there!
- I definitely have to pick Mags as I know that woman has got quirkiness down to an art just based on her Randomivity posts she does each week!
- Lois just spent 100 days living in her trella so based on that alone, I've got to pick her for this meme!
- I'd like to see what Ivana has for quirky habits so I'm tagging her, too.
- And the last tag shall go to Mighty Mom because with her work schedule and three children at home plus a SubVet in the house, she's got to have some quirkiness going on!