Truth be told, I avoid online dating much like I do liver and onions, lifting heavy objects, and speaking to my ex-husband but every once in awhile curiosity gets the better of me - after all, I'm divorced and not dead though my love life certainly expired long ago - and I'll take a peek at who's out there. After all, rumor has it that a lot of people have met the love of their lives via online dating (just ask my ex) so who's to say that my own Prince Charming isn't out there with an ad plastered on Craigslist or Match.com or eHarmony? Maybe I need to put some effort into finding him rather than just waiting for him to find me? Perhaps he needs some help!
To that end I recently took a look at Craigslist ... and it was even scarier and more of a dead end than that old graveyard pictured at the top of this post! For example -
- ... looking to get together with a woman looking for a night of "its all about you baby"
- ... i like nice quit nights with my lady, soft music maybe a little wine cuddling allowed
- ... For my women i prefer athletic and toned to avergae, needs tobe fun and not oo uptight
- ... seeing if i can find a neddle in a hay stac
- ...I need a fine GIRL who knows it, slim, well maintained AND most of all must have a nice dairy air
I know that Mimi Lenox has a whole blog dedicated to online dating sights and the goofs who use them at Dating Profile of the Day but every once in awhile I just have to look for myself as, truth be told, it gets kind of old being alone all the time and some male companionship would be fantastic however ... I've just got to ask - where have all the good men gone?? And don't any of them know proper grammar and spelling??
Perhaps I'm just too picky but maybe being single isn't so bad after all! With my luck my White Knight would call himself a wite nite or something worse!